The annual fundraiser, this year titled #WeAreResilient, was a huge success! Over dinner on Oct. 27, we heard from three brave and articulate students, as well as Sophia Academy’s Head of School, Gigi DiBello, about their experience finding their center amidst adversity. They described how invaluable this life skill is for managing stress, overcoming challenges, and building compassion and empathy.
The spontaneous sharing of stories among attendees at the event helped us realize that the palpable sense of community built around vulnerability and sharing deserves a place and space.
We are excited to share two new developments...
First, we will be sharing stories each month on our website:
- If you have a story to share, please be in touch by email.
- If you like a story we’ve shared, please post a comment right on our website.
- If you know someone who could benefit from a little inspiration, please share the link to the post.
Second, we will be offering a monthly, theme-based practice opportunity from January through June called Mission:Mindfulness.
- Please join us to experience various mindfulness practices, meaningful community, safe & supportive space, and expert facilitators to guide practice as well as Q&A.
- Learn more and register here.